Risk Insights, a leading Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data provider in Africa, has developed Environmental data for six major African exchanges, including the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
- The South African firm has developed an artificial intelligence (AI) ESG rating tool dubbed the ESG GPS. The tool has encouraged the integration of ESG into disclosure practices.
- Commenting on the matter of African ESG ratings, the NSE Chief Executive Officer, Geoffrey Odundo said, “As an Exchange, we are glad to see an increase in the level of ESG reporting amongst listed companies, as sustainability gains prominence.”
- The integration of ESG data with AI in capital markets represents a significant and evolving trend. ESG factors have become increasingly important for investors seeking sustainable and socially responsible investments.
Andrey Bogdanov, Chief Executive Officer of Risk Insights said “We hope to equip asset managers and help investors and other market participants to meet the growing demand for comprehensive ESG insights, allowing market players to integrate sustainability considerations into their investment strategies.”
- Risk Insights launched the first in Africa, an AI-powered ESG rating tool in 2020 in South Africa- ESG GPS™ made for Africa. ESG GPS™ ensures the balanced application of global ESG standards to local realities.
- All listed companies in major African Exchanges have been rated by ESG GPS™. Several of the ESG products have been launched by the company, including ESG GPS X-Ray, ESG GPS Ratings Watch, and A-Cubed.
- It is a member of the World Economic Forum New Champions and founder of the World Economic Forum New Champions South Africa Local Chapter.