The market began the week with 23.26Million shares trading with a turnover of KES 525.08Million against Friday’s 16.94Million and a turnover of KES 283.40.
The NSE 20 Share Index lost by 1.54% to close at 3920.09 points from 3981.47 points posted last Friday. Major drops were spotted at ARM and Sasini . The NSE 25 Share Index was up 0.21% with NASI up 0.17%.
- Uchumi shares lost 9.38% to close at KES 5.80,extending further to an all time low .This could be attributed to this; Uchumi Widens Pretax Loss by 278.8% To Ksh 1 Billion as Sales Fall
Uchumi counter has fallen by 45.54% to 5.80 after opening the year at KES 10.65.
- Foreign investors assumed a net buying position by accounting for 87.2% of total market purchases and 75.1% of total market sales.
- KenGen notched higher by 8.1% to record a new 3-month high of KES 8.15 which is 50.93% above the 1-year low of 5.40 set on Jan 27, 2016.
- Safaricom Ltd closed at 16.60,nearing the all time high of KES 17.90 set on May 06, 2015.
- Kenyan Shilling strengthened 0.90% year-to-date against the dollar,this is A 4-Month low against the USD.
- Equity Bank is expected to hold an investor briefing on their Full Year 2015 results today morning.