Happy International Women’s Day!
It’s essential for women to invest and build their wealth, but they often face barriers to accessing investment opportunities.
The business case for serving women with better financial services is clear, with women expected to control over $216 trillion in wealth globally. Alliance research in 2021 showed that Fintechs are leaving money on the table by not being gender-intelligent.
Some common barriers include lack of know-how and accessibility. The gender gap in fintech usage is 27.6%! 3X greater than the gap in access to a formal account.
Using technology and innovation, FinTechs such as ndovu, are helping bridge this gap and promote gender equality.
To bridge the financial education gap, here are some tips from ndovu’s CEO, Radhika Bhachu, to help you build your wealth:
● Educate yourself: Investing can be intimidating, but it’s essential to educate yourself about it. The key thing to understand is what you are investing in and how risky it is. If it doesn’t make sense or is too good to be true. Then don’t invest. To learn how to understand investments, ndovu is providing free financial advisory services for women. Sign up by sending an email to [email protected].
● Make a financial plan and stick to it: Start by assessing your cash inflows and outflows, scrutinize your expenses, and identify areas where you can cut back. Then, think about your long-term goals and develop a financial plan to achieve them. When used correctly, money can be a fantastic tool used to design and live out your best life.
● Start early, invest consistently, and focus on the long term: They say that the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. The same advice applies to investing. The earlier you start investing, the more time your money has to grow. Make a habit of investing a portion of your income regularly, even if it’s a small amount at first. Compound interest can do wonders for your money over time.
By taking a strategic approach to investing, women can build financial security and achieve their goals. Let’s continue to work towards a more equitable and inclusive world where women have equal access to financial services and opportunities to build their wealth.
ndovu is an online savings and investment platform that provides easy access to financial markets. At ndovu, we provide smart, simple and affordable wealth management solutions.
Using cutting-edge technology and expert financial advisors, we provide the right tools to help you build wealth.
● Ndovu was founded in 2020 with a vision to provide every African, regardless of income level or financial knowledge, with the right tools to grow their wealth
● Among its founders are experts from the world of asset management, capital markets strategy, and technological development
● It has already secured pre-seed funding from 4DX Ventures, Plug and Play Tech Center, Future Africa, and Oui Capital
● Ndovu is available on the Google Play and Apple App store
For more information, please reach out to: