Winners of the Second edition of the East Africa Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EAVCA) Industry Awards have been announced.
The Awards recognize and celebrate venture capitalists playing a role in shaping and growing the local industry.
In this case, individuals, deal teams, and advisors are pooled into nine categories where members participate in a peer selection system. Therefore, members vote for the ‘best in the category’ via an online voting platform.
This year’s winners include
- East Africa Leadership Award – Sheel Gill
- Woman Investor Award – Martha Osier
- Legal Advisor Award – ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K)
- Financial Advisor Award – I&M Burbidge Capital & EY
- Exit Award – AHL Venture Partners (Twiga Foods)
- Impact Investment Firm Award – DOB Equity (Mr Green Africa, Moringa School, CropNuts, Jibu, NEI)
- Large Cap Deal Award (above $50M) – AfricInvest/Catalyst Principal Partners (Prime Bank)
- Mid Cap Deal Award (between $10M – $50M) – Adenia Partners (Quick Mart / Tumaini)
- Small-Cap Deal Award (up to $10M) – Chandaria Capital (Savannah Brands) & Creadev International (Twiga Foods)
EAVC is the representative organization for private equity and venture capital funds in East Africa.
Part of EAVCA mandate entails the promotion of East Africa as a private capital destination. The organisation has local access to members in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, and Tanzania.
Moreover, the organisation ensures a favourable environment for trade for the private capital sector.