Umeme Limited will today close its shareholder register for the consideration of a final dividend of UGX (Uganadan Shillings) 7.80 per share. Payment will be made on July 5 2017.
Kenya’s Central Bank will hold its next rate setting meeting on Monday January 22nd 2018. In the last meeting, the bank kept the key rate unchanged at 10%.
The Monetary Policy Committee is the organ of the Central Bank of Kenya responsible for formulating monetary policy. The Committee was formed vide Gazette Notice 3771 on April 30, 2008, replacing the hitherto Monetary Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC)
The membership of the MPC is as follows:
- The Governor, who is the chairman.
- The Deputy Governor.
- Two members appointed by the Governor from the Bank, one being a person with executive responsibility within the Bank for monetary policy analysis (Director of Research Department) and the other being a person with responsibility within the Bank for monetary policy operations (External Payments and Reserves Management).
- Four external members who have knowledge, experience and expertise in matters relating to finance, banking and fiscal and monetary policy, who are appointed by the Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury.
- The Principal Secretary, National Treasury, or his designated alternate as representing the National Treasury. The National Treasury representative is a non-voting member of the committee.
- Each external member of the Committee serves for a term of three years, which is renewable once.