NSE 20 index lost 0.14% to close at 3,953.13 points caused by higher cumulative decline on the representative counters than the gains while the Nairobi All Share Index (NASI) gained 0.20% to close at 145.26 points.
The NSE 25 Share Index was up 0.02% boosted by Liberty Holdings which gained 2.82%. Nairobi All Share Index gained 0.20%.
Highlights From The Market
- Turnover increased by 3.73% influenced by 9.00% increase in volume traded increased. Safaricom was the highest mover with 52.26% of total volume. Market capitalization stood at KES 2.05 Trillion up 0.2%.
- Sasini was the highest gainer increasing by 8.75% to a high of Ksh 22.00.Sasini Final dividend payment of Kes.0.25 is on 18-March-2016
- Pan Africa settled at KES 52.00 down from KES 55.00. The insurance firm is yet to release its results considering it has always been the first to release its results.
- Kenya Airways Ltd closed at 4.35, 7.41% above its 20 Year low of 4.05, set on Nov 12, 2015.
- Foreign investors dominated trading to emerge net sellers for the fifth consecutive session (69.3% of total buying and 82.1% of total selling). E.A. Breweries recorded the highest net foreign outflows while KenolKobil recorded the highest foreign inflows