Equity Investment Bank Limited (“EIB”) is a fully owned subsidiary of Equity Group Holdings Limited. EIB was launched in 2009 to support the ever growing advisory and funding needs of Corporates & SMEs.
EIB is licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (“CMA”) and is also a member firm of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (“NSE”). The products and services offered include: Corporate Finance & Advisory, Brokerage and Asset & Wealth Management.
EIB has a diverse range of clients from State Owned Enterprises, Public Companies and Private Companies looking to structure and execute both debt & equity financing. Our team has extensive experience executing both public and private placements.
Currently, Equity Investment Bank Limited is seeking additional talent to serve in the roles outlined below:
The Position: Reporting to the Head of Advisory Services within the Investment Bank, the Business
Advisor will lead the development and implementation of advisory solutions i.e. (consulting services), including but not limited to providing objective advice, apply expert toolkit of skills to solve client challenges and monitor client development with the aim of maximizing the growth and adoption of best practices by Bank clients.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in providing advisory/consulting services across a variety of business areas (see list below).
However, candidates with substantial experience in one or more of the business areas are also
encouraged to apply.
Business Areas: (Business Strategy, Branding/Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Business
Business Strategy: Business transformation, productivity and resource maximization, goal setting and execution, change management, problem solving tools and techniques
Branding/Marketing: Brand development/management, market planning e.g. (market sizing and segmentation), market research, sales management, customer experience improvement, competition analysis, product development and promotions
Business Operations Management: A practical understanding of business operation management theories such as technical project management, total quality management, business process reengineering, lean/six sigma implementation, ISO 9001 program, project and process improvement, systems dynamics, kaizen methods and other methodologies, information/enterprise management, business process re-engineering and implementation
Financial Management: Financial statement analysis, financial diagnosis and planning, accounting, reporting, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis and risk management
Human Resources: Talent recruitment and retention strategies, HR audits, employee incentive schemes, organizational restructuring, HR policy development and implementation
- Develop a total view of the clients organization and its strategic objectives
- Identify specific client problems and develop appropriate and effective solutions and recommendations for the client organizations, with extensive client consultation
- Undertake research, analyze and interpret data and statistics to deepen understanding of various industries, markets, competitors and business issues • Identify and assess the pros and cons of possible alternative strategies, providing cost/benefit analysis and laying out clear processes and steps to achieve the outcomes
- Presents material to clients through a variety of modes of communication e.g. (verbally, visually/pictorial and in writing) with varying levels of sophistication, particularly on business management concepts
Provide oversight and project management to a team of supporting analysts to ensure that they are appropriately motivated, informed and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standards
Education & Qualifications – Requirements
- MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree in a field relevant to the specific role e.g. Masters in Human Resources Management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in one or more business areas i.e. Finance, Human Resource, Strategy, Branding / Marketing, Operations, Corporate Governance or Legal
- At least three years of senior level experience in business or management consulting with significant impact, particularly in engaging c-level management and senior executives
- Sound technical and business knowledge and understanding
- Project delivery, project management and project risk management
- Excellent financial, business understanding, acumen and numerical skills
- Change management skills
- Ownership, management and delivery of solutions to clients
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and transfer skills to others
- Adherence to a code of conduct and ethical guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, client engagement and delivery skills
- Strong problem solving, creative and analytical thinking
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative and results-oriented attitude necessary to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Advanced computer literacy including standard office applications such as MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database/Access as well as statistical software such as STATA or SAS
The Position: To lead and oversee Mergers & Acquisitions and Debt Capital Markets transactions in Corporate Finance Division within Equity Investment Bank.
The Associate Director will be in charge of the senior associate, associate and analyst.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Equities & Debt Transactions (30%)
- Increase profitability of EIB through expansion of EIB’s M&A, Equities & Debt Products Division
Business Development & Client Relationships (40 %)
- Train direct reports to get them to the same level of competency in the subject including financial modelling
- Spearhead all M&A, Equities & Debt related opportunities and engagements including origination
- Grow business by introducing new clients and potential collaboration partners (PE Funds, Investment Banks, DFIs, etc.)
- Manage relationships with existing clients to ensure client satisfaction and repeat businesses
- Positively and broadly market EIB
- Monitor competition and market and advise EIB on how to position itself in order to achieve its business and financial objectives
- Increase profitability through deal pipeline growth and expedient deal execution
- Bring ideas to the table that will lead to the establishment of new business lines within EIB
- Be fully involved in research and financial modeling functions which are both critical in client/ potential client engaging, updating and briefing
- Increase profitability of EIB through expansion of EIB’s business units including dealing, corporate advisory and capital raising
Create strategies towards regional growth
Staff Management (20%)
Education & Experience:
- CFA or CPA (K)
- 5 years’ working experience in an Investment Banking environment, with sound exposure to Mergers & Acquisition and Fixed Income Products
- Management level experience
- Prepare reports and do analysis for research to identify any potential market entry point
- Master’s Degree in a business related field e.g. MBA
- Actively participate and support all initiatives introduced within EIB to enhance overall performance of the company
- Implement EIB’s business strategies and policies to ensure achievement of both business and financial targets
- Advice and implement operational plans and procedures to enhance and improve efficiency in EIB operations
- Valuation & Financial Modeling: Knowledge of financial modeling and various valuation methodologies. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of all the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management policies for the Investment Bank
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and principles and pay great attention to detail
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of various Investment Banking applications and spreadsheets as well as knowledge of performing competent research
- Fixed Income Securities: Knowledge of fixed income securities and on various pricing methodologies that will inform trading in such securities
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CMA, NSE, IRA, RBA etc.Personal Attributes
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always strive to Win/Win
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with, lead and build motivated teams
- Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building and ability to train, develop and mentor staff
- If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, quoting the job you are applying for by 11th March 2016.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
- Results and Achievement Oriented: Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he leads
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Investment Bank is an equal opportunity employer.